Freedom Technology Sdn. Bhd.
No. 7, Lot 15832, 1st Floor, Setia Commercial Centre,
Jalan Setia Raja
Tel: +6082 362626 / 362941
Fax: +6082 361331
1. What is Sound?
Sound is defined as any pressure variation (in air, water, or other medium) that human ear can detect.
2. What is noise?
Noise is defined as the unwanted sound. Therefore, to some people, the sound of a loud music can be just a sound but to some other people it can be an annoying noise.
3. What is dB?
dB stands for decibel which was named after Alexander Graham Bell.
4. Why use decibel?
Decibel represents a relative measurement or ratio. For this reason whenever we use the decibel, we also use the word level…sound pressure level, sound power level, etc.
5. How Is Noise Level Measured?
a. Sound Level Meter.
There are 3 different types of sound surveys to measure and evaluate the noise
- the basic, or area, noise survey
- to find out where noise may or may not be a problem
b. Dose Meter
- to find out how much noise is a worker exposed to.
6. What is the difference between dB also known as dB(L) or linear, dB(A) and dB(W)?
7. How to control noise?
There are 3 ways to control noise
The best way is always to control noise at the source